Brown Sugar Rhubarb Muffins Recipe
“I make these muffins often during rhubarb season. Guests at our inn love them,” says Florence Conklin, Cottonwood, Idaho. “For some crunch, I add our own state-grown black walnuts.”
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Rhubarb Muffins in Country Woman June/July 2007, p41
Reviews for Brown Sugar Rhubarb Muffins(6)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
Substituted half of the flour for whole wheat flour. Tasted great!
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
Very good! I used pecans instead of walnuts, just a personal preference
Reviewed May. 8, 2010
enjoyed by the whole family!
Reviewed May. 6, 2010
My whole family loves these muffins, especially my teenage sons!