- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Rhubarb Muffins
Sort By :
"These were very good. The whole family enjoyed them."
"Substituted half of the flour for whole wheat flour. Tasted great!"
"Very good! I used pecans instead of walnuts, just a personal preference"
"enjoyed by the whole family!"
"My whole family loves these muffins, especially my teenage sons!"