- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine butter and pecans in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is light golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Stir into confectioners' sugar. Add vanilla, salt and enough cream to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, allowing some to drip down sides. Let stand until set. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Pound Cake
"This recipe didn't have quite the intense praline taste I was hoping for, but it was delicious anyway!"
"I loved this recipe, made it for Thanksgiving for work party, just by itself it was the hit of the office, the only addition I make to it was a pkg of pudding mix, came out very moist. Enjoy ..."