- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine butter and pecans in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is light golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Stir into confectioners' sugar. Add vanilla, salt and enough cream to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, allowing some to drip down sides. Let stand until set. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Pound Cake in Taste of Home November 2016, p60
Reviews for Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review