These sweet candies are similar to those served at Mexican restaurants in our area. The recipe comes from a cookbook put together by the staff of the school where I teach. —Barbara Windham, Houston, Texas
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 large marshmallows, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and corn syrup. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows and butter until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla; stir only until mixture begins to thicken. Quickly drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Pecan Candies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p120
Reviews for Brown Sugar Pecan Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review