Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 10 pancakes.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes(59)
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe, and these fill my kids up faster than traditional pancakes. My kids still insist on syrup, but they are sweet enough to have them plain. I like them with unsweetened applesauce!
Great! Just read the recipe and threw them together. Delicious. No syrup necessary.
Fantastic! I added 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder. And used melted butter instead of oil. They taste like oatmeal cookies! I got 8 small pancakes out of it and my husband and I ate them all. No need for syrup!
This is my "go to" pancake recipe - Wednesday morning is "pancake day" at our house!