Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
My family absolutely loves these pancakes. I make them every Saturday and Sunday. If I don't, they don't believe it's the weekend! My son's friends often spend the night, and I think it's because they like the pancakes so much. They are especially delicious served with molasses and syrup. —Sharon W. Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 10 pancakes.
One serving (2 each) equals 263 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC