Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
My family absolutely loves these pancakes. I make them every Saturday and Sunday. If I don't, they don't believe it's the weekend! My son's friends often spend the night, and I think it's because they like the pancakes so much. They are especially delicious served with molasses and syrup. —Sharon W. Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 10 pancakes.
One serving (2 each) equals 263 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC