Brown Sugar Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oat Muffins(25)
Sort By :
I also forgot to add to my last review that I also substituted organic coconut oil (melted) instead of the canola oil.. and they were very light and much healthier for my family. :)
I thought that these turned out wonderful! I used organic whole wheat flour and instead of just using vanilla extract, I used 3/4 tsp almond extract & 1/4 tsp vanilla. They turned out so flavorful and even my picky eaters begged for seconds! Because I am a busy mom of four, I mixed up the dry ingredients the night before and just added the wet ingredients the next morning. I am also going to make several more batches of the dry ingredients, package and label them for future breakfast.. so that all I have to do is pull out the bag, add the extract, milk and fresh eggs and breakfast is served!! :)
I substituted white flour for all of the flour.
We loved them and plan to make them again.
I added chocolate chips but they were still too bland.... maybe some chopped apple would give them some flavor.