- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
Sort By :
"I was looking for a base recipe for oatmeal muffins and this one is perfect! I added in 1-1/2 cups of chopped apples that were mixed with cinnamon and sugar. I also added a streusel to the top, made of flour, brown sugar and butter. The muffins baked up perfectly, they're soft, and taste wonderful. Great recipe!"
"Make these often for my family. Men tend to like the heartiness of these muffins, I've found."
"These muffins are nice to serve with jam as a breakfast treat. They also make a nice after school snack. They freeze well too."
"Delicious! Perfect breakfast muffins."
"Great mild oat muffin! I don't feel like I'm serving cupcakes for breakfast! : ) Entire family loves them warm out of the oven and we even renamed these- "Mommy's Good Morning Muffins""