Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
With Kansas being one of the top wheat-producing states, it seems only fitting to share a recipe containing whole wheat flour. These are great muffins to have for breakfast or a late night snack with a cup of hot cocoa. —Regina Stock, Topeka, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small
- bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.