Brown Sugar Muffins
Most of what I bake, I give away as a thank-you for a favor of kindness. These muffins are tasty at breakfast or as a quick snack.—Corbin Detgen, Buchanan, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Stir in cereal. Combine milk and
- vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Fill paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for
- 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.