Most of what I bake, I give away as a thank-you for a favor of kindness. These muffins are tasty at breakfast or as a quick snack.—Corbin Detgen, Buchanan, Michigan
Recommended: Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cereal. Combine milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Fill paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p53
Reviews for Brown Sugar Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review