Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches with White Chocolate Recipe
When I decided to host a family barbecue, I was determined to create an original dessert I could take straight off the grill. It's absolutely divine, especially when topped with whipped cream or a scoop of peach ice cream. —Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup chopped white baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add peaches, one half at a time, and toss to coat. Reserve remaining butter mixture.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place peaches cut side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Turn and fill peaches with white chocolate. Drizzle with reserved butter mixture. Cover and grill 4-5 minutes longer or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- 4. Sprinkle peaches with pecans and serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 peach half (calculated without whipped cream) equals 152 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC