Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon
In Belleville, Michigan, Debra Martin pops protein-packed salmon fillets in the oven before whipping up a sweet basting sauce. Made in moments, the tangy entree is perfect for busy families and weekend guests alike.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Cut salmon widthwise into four pieces. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake,
- uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce,
- mustard and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Brush evenly over salmon.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a