Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 each: 338 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, trace fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
"We did not like these at all. When I was mixing them up, I feared they would be dry and I was right. Just all around not good."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer