Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
"We did not like these at all. When I was mixing them up, I feared they would be dry and I was right. Just all around not good."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer