Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
My family prefers these to a traditional roasted ham. It seems they gobble them up as soon as I set them out. You can make them ahead and reheat the next day.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and
- pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or
- until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and
- mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10
- minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.