My family prefers these to a traditional roasted ham. It seems they gobble them up as soon as I set them out. You can make them ahead and reheat the next day.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Ham Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p174
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review