My family prefers these to a traditional roasted ham. It seems they gobble them up as soon as I set them out. You can make them ahead and reheat the next day.
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Ham Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p174
Reviews for Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2015
"We did not like these at all. When I was mixing them up, I feared they would be dry and I was right. Just all around not good."