Christmas morning, which is also my daughter's birthday, has always started with this coffee ring and fresh fruit; a tasty treat for kids and adults alike.—Donna Conda, North Canton, Ohio
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, mix mincemeat, milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 8-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar just until blended. Immediately pour over warm coffee ring. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Glazed Coffee Ring in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Brown Sugar Glazed Coffee Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review