When things get hectic, these delicious glazed carrots are my "rescue me" side dish because they cook while I'm preparing other parts of the meal. Plus, they're made in the slow cooker so the oven is free for other things. —Anndrea Bailey, Huntington Beach, California
Featured In: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until carrots are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots in Healthy Cooking February/March 2013
Reviews for Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review