Brown Sugar Crinkles
The addition of brown sugar makes these deliciously different from traditional sugar cookies. They're attractive and simple to make. The recipe can be easily cut in half.
78 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the
- creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before
- removing to wire racks. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.