Brown Sugar Crinkles Recipe
The addition of brown sugar makes these deliciously different from traditional sugar cookies. They're attractive and simple to make. The recipe can be easily cut in half.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Originally published as Brown Sugar Crinkles in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p34
Reviews for Brown Sugar Crinkles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
These were yummy! Remind me of the Charles Chips cookies I had as a little girl. Sand tarts? One bite & I was transported!