Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; then roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For icing, combine brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Sift confectioners' sugar into the hot mixture; stir until combined. Drizzle icing over cookies. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 161 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Cookies
"These cookies are tasty even without the brown sugar drizzle. But the extra step really elevates it to a rich level. The drizzle is like the base for praline candies. I hardens pretty quickly as it cools - put it back over heat and stir to restore it to drizzling consistency."
"These cookies are worth the effort. The first time I made them I had walnuts on hand and used them instead of pecans. They are great both ways!"