- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; then roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, combine brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Sift confectioners' sugar into the hot mixture; stir until combined. Drizzle icing over cookies. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"This is a great tasting sugar cookie recipe. I was excited to try it as I had just read an article rating 10 different sugar cookie recipes and the highest rated cookie was a brown sugar one. Love the nuts in this one too."
"These cookies are worth the effort. The first time I made them I had walnuts on hand and used them instead of pecans. They are great both ways!"