Brown Sugar Cashew Fudge
This creamy light-colored fudge, loaded with crunchy cashews, is a yummy variation on traditional chocolate...and it disappears just as fast!
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted cashews
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2
- teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and
- remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Fold in cashews. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool. Using
- foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in
- an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.