Brown Sugar Cashew Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted cashews
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well. Fold in cashews. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Brown Sugar Cashew Fudge
"I loved the taste. When I boiled it for the five minutes, the mixture turned much darker. I am wondering if that gave it a better taste. I will definitely make it again."
"Good texture. Didn't need to be refrigerated to "set-up". BUT the taste, there really wasn't any! VERY bland. Trying to think of ways to kick it up a notch"