- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Eggland's Best® Extra Large Eggs, room temp.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Toffee Bits + 3 tablespoons for the tops
- MOLASSES BUTTER CREAM:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons half and half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 15 cupcake/muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To another small bowl mix milk and vinegar together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) to cream together brown sugar, sugar, and butter together until fluffy. Beat in Eggland's Best® Eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Beat in milk/vinegar mixture alternating with the dry ingredients adding half at a time until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and on a rack until cooled completely.
- To Prepare Molasses Butter Cream:
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together butter, salt, and molasses until fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and mix until blended. Add in half and half and vanilla. Mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Pipe or spread buttercream on cooled cakes and top with chocolate toffee bits Yield: 15 servings
Originally published as Brown Sugar Baby Cakes in Eggland's Best 2015
Reviews for Brown Sugar Baby Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review