Brown Sugar & Banana Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional fat-free milk or ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; stir in oats. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the banana, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Divide among three serving bowls. Serve with additional milk and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Brown Sugar & Banana Oatmeal(6)
Sort By :
My kids really liked this and scraped their bowls clean!! I often turn to instant oatmeal packets for quick breakfasts before school, but this is very "do-able" on a weekday morning and I feel better about feeding it to my kids. Keeper!!
Delicious and easy to make.
Very easy . . .uses on-hand ingredients. Delicious and nutritious! I make this regularly for my kiddos instead of the instant oatmeal packets. It's so much better for them.
This is a great recipe to, I think the extra ingredients add just the right amount of sweetness without adding too much sugary items. I also like switching out banana for blueberries, or adding both!
This was delicious! I did add extra oats, b/c the mixture was too thin for me.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >