Brown Sugar & Banana Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional fat-free milk or ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; stir in oats. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the banana, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Divide among three serving bowls. Serve with additional milk and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Brown Sugar & Banana Oatmeal
Sort By :
So delish! I like a few less bananas, though. Almost doesn't need extra sweetener.
Very quick and easy. My family loved it. I didn't have bananas So I used 1/2 cup applesauce. Although we love bananas So next time I'll use that.
My kids really liked this and scraped their bowls clean!! I often turn to instant oatmeal packets for quick breakfasts before school, but this is very "do-able" on a weekday morning and I feel better about feeding it to my kids. Keeper!!
Delicious and easy to make.
Very easy . . .uses on-hand ingredients. Delicious and nutritious! I make this regularly for my kiddos instead of the instant oatmeal packets. It's so much better for them.