- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- In a food processor, combine the flour, shortening and salt; cover
- and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing,
- gradually add water and vinegar until dough forms a ball. Wrap in
- plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Transfer pastry
- to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, brown sugar, almond paste,
- ginger, flour, lemon peel and extract; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Spread over bottom of crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and sour cream
- until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, molasses and pie spice
- until blended. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until
- combined. Pour filling over almond layer. Cover edges of pie loosely
- with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake for
- 45-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 693 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.