Brown Rice Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup Minute® Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a Dutch oven, saute the red pepper, onion, celery and garlic in butter for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the broth, wine or additional broth, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey and rice. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Brown Rice Turkey Soup
Sort By :
I thought the thyme was way too overpowering. I will make again with poultry seasoning and maybe a dash of thyme. I think it would be great with that substitution.
This is a GREAT tasting soup!! I'm not a fan of cooked carrots, Thank You for sharing a recipe that doesn't include them!!! I do LOVE red peppers and this was a "hit" with my family!!!