Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 5 to 6 medium green peppers
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Remove tops and seeds from peppers. In a large kettle, bring water to boil; cook peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and drain. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Place in a shallow ungreased baking dish or casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 each: 245 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
"This was great! I added some salsa and a can of black beans! My husband and I finished off the whole recipe by ourselves :)"
"Needs a little more tomato sauce and some mozzarella cheese to top it off, but it was a great recipe for my first attempt at stuffed peppers!"
"This sounds like the green peppers my dad used to make.He's gone now so I can't get the recipe from him, but I'm sure going to try this one !! Thank you !"