Brown Rice Slaw Recipe
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 109 calories, 3g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Brown Rice Slaw
"Very good! I had to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough for our taste. Will try using stevia to cut out a few calories. Will be making often!"
"awesome-awesome! so easy to make- took it to work for a dinner- had nothing to take home. sue"