Brown Rice Slaw Recipe
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 109 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Brown Rice Slaw
"Very good! I had to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough for our taste. Will try using stevia to cut out a few calories. Will be making often!"
"awesome-awesome! so easy to make- took it to work for a dinner- had nothing to take home. sue"