It's simple to put a refreshing salad on the menu when you follow this rapid recipe from Mary McGeorge of Little Rock, Arkansas. Brown rice, coleslaw mix, apples and nuts make an appealing combination when coated with a sweet orange dressing.
Recommended: 40 Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Slaw in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p16
Reviews for Brown Rice Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"Very good! I had to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough for our taste. Will try using stevia to cut out a few calories. Will be making often!"