Brown Rice Slaw Recipe
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Slaw in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p16
Reviews for Brown Rice Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
Very good! I had to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough for our taste. Will try using stevia to cut out a few calories. Will be making often!
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2011
awesome-awesome! so easy to make- took it to work for a dinner- had nothing to take home. sue