Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 162 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad
"I have made this many times for work lunches. We are vegetarians and find that this salad travels well and is full of nutrients as well as being delicious."