Brown Rice Salad Recipe
Bottled salad dressing gives just the right amount of punch to this cold rice and bean salad that's perfect for warm summer picnics. —Rosemarie Bush of Bangor, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 162 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC