Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breasts
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.