This delightful dish is nutritious, simple to fix and brightens up any buffet table. It's a terrific way to use up leftover chicken, and you can add veggies according to your family's liking. -Glenda Harper of Cable, Ohio
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breasts
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review