Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breasts
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
Sort By :
OK, so I have to add -- I tried the refrigerated leftovers the next day and, while still good, it wasn't nearly as delicious as when it was just made and at room temperature. Kind of lost the vinegar part of the taste, or something. Anyway, maybe it would have improved if I had allowed to return to room temperature again, I don't know, but just FYI!
YES, I would make this again!! I just finished scarfing down a bunch of it. I love that it is totally different than anything I have ever made before, that it is has lots of healthy ingredients in it, and it tastes great. I made it just about exactly as written.
This was an interesting recipe that I couldn't resist trying. Brown rice is always an eyecatcher and mixed with all those ingredients it was a keeper. Gave some away and they liked it, too.
So much flavor and healthy! My family scraped the bowl! Keeper!
This was very good! Hearty enough for a meal.