Bottled salad dressing gives just the right amount of punch to this cold rice and bean salad that's perfect for warm summer picnics. —Rosemarie Bush of Bangor, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p16
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review