Brown Rice Pilaf Dish Recipe
Walnuts and dried apricots jazz up brown rice for a tasty, earthy side with loads of flavor. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/3 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute green onions in butter until tender. Add rice and walnuts; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until walnuts are toasted. Add the water, apricots, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC