Walnuts and dried apricots jazz up brown rice for a tasty, earthy side with loads of flavor. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/3 cups instant brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute green onions in butter until tender. Add rice and walnuts; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until walnuts are toasted. Add the water, apricots, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Pilaf in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p27
Reviews for Brown Rice Pilaf Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review