Brown Rice Hot Dish Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute rice in half of the butter until golden brown; transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in remaining butter until tender; add to rice. Stir in the water, pecans, salt, marjoram, pepper, sage and thyme.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.