Brown Rice Chutney Salad Recipe
- 8 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped if desired
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the chutney, oil, vinegar, curry powder, salt and garam masala. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours.
- 2. Just before serving, add spinach and apple; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 469 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.