Brown Rice Chicken Salad Recipe
“This is a wonderful salad to serve for dinner,” writes Naomi Reed of McMinnville, Oregon. “Not only is it delicious, it's also very pretty.” From sweet carrots and almonds to fresh cilantro and lime, this brings a lovely medley of flavors to the table.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 513 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Brown Rice Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC