Brown Rice Chicken Salad
“This is a wonderful salad to serve for dinner,” writes Naomi Reed of McMinnville, Oregon. “Not only is it delicious, it's also very pretty.” From sweet carrots and almonds to fresh cilantro and lime, this brings a lovely medley of flavors to the table.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another
- small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over rice mixture;
- toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 513 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.