- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown Rice Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review