“This is a wonderful salad to serve for dinner,” writes Naomi Reed of McMinnville, Oregon. “Not only is it delicious, it's also very pretty.” From sweet carrots and almonds to fresh cilantro and lime, this brings a lovely medley of flavors to the table.
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown Rice Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review