When I want to serve a different type of salad, this is the recipe I frequently reach for. It meets all my "requirements" for a great recipe—fast, filling...and foolproof!
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add next five ingredients; mix well and set aside. For dressing, whisk together next six ingredients until smooth; pour over salad. Chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Apple Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown Rice Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review