This recipe makes a delicious, satisfying and light salad for an office potluck or family get-together. It can also be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.—Ann Crawford, Goodyear, Arizona
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
- 2 cups uncooked brown basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- Place rice in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, cheese, basil, olives, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice, Tomato & Basil Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p43
Reviews for Brown Rice, Tomato & Basil Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review