- Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey. Skewer turkey openings; tie
- drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3 hours or until a
- meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes. Remove stuffing and carve
- turkey, discarding skin. If desired, thicken pan drippings for
- gravy. Yield: 6 servings with leftovers.
Editor's Note: Stuffing may be prepared as directed and baked separately in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake a 325° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked turkey with 3/4 cup stuffing, calculated without gravy) equals 286 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer