Brown Butter Spice Cookies Recipe
If you like spice cake, you’ll love this recipe! Browned butter, dark chocolate and a splash of rum produce an unconventional spice cookie that’s guaranteed to please. —Kristin Kenney, Newport Beach, California
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1. Place butter in a small heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- 2. Beat brown sugar and browned butter in a large bowl until blended. Beat in egg, then rum. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cookie: 123 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Brown Butter Spice Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC