Brown Butter Brusssels Sprouts Recipe
Brussels sprouts really get a special treatment in this recipe. The browned butter adds a richness and the panko bread crumbs a nice crunch.—Lori Hiltenbeitel, Dayton, Kentucky
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- 2. Add 3 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the brussels sprouts, shallots and pancetta; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 254 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC