VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the brussels sprouts, shallots and pancetta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown Butter Brusssels Sprouts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p42