- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the brussels sprouts, shallots and pancetta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown Butter Brusssels Sprouts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p42
Reviews for Brown Butter Brusssels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >