- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 to 20 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave, heat tortillas in batches until warm, about 45 seconds. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese and roll up.
- Wrap burrito in paper towel, then in foil. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Refrigerate. Eat burritos cold, or remove foil and heat paper towel-wrapped burrito in a microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Brown-Bag Burritos
Sort By :
"have made it a few times now... Love it.. I have given this recipe to everyone that has tried them... Really make these , they are just so good.."
"awesome!!! The filling takes great as a dip w/ tortilla chips. It is also perfect if you replace all of the beef w/ additional refried beans - vegetarian burritos. Yummy"
"This was such a simple and healthy recipe I used ground turkey, and doubled the recipe.I made it for a church potluck. Everyone loved them and I took home the extras and froze them."
"This was great, the burrito was fantastic."
"Very good flavor for the filling. Just a touch too salty, so will cut the salt next time. I'm afraid I over-filled my tortillas so it only made 10 with a little mixture leftover. Made a yummy dinner and it is a good snack for my growing boys after school. Will definitley make again."